Saturday, November 26, 2011

Two Voice Poem on Global Warming

I WATCH THE WORLD DIE A LITTLE BIT MORE EVERYDAY.
There have been more forest fires in this city than more I have seen in a lifetime.
I can't even swim in the ocean anymore. If I do, I will be sucked down into all the oil that has consumed the water.


THE GARBAGE IS OVERFLOWING AND THERE IS MORE COMING.
The air smells of chemicals and no longer smells like a natural planet, but a machine.
I have to stumble through candy wrappers and discarded bottles to get home from school.


PEOPLE MAKE PROMISES, BUT THEY DO NOT KEEP THEM.
I have asked my friends not to litter, but they just laugh and say, "one person won't make a difference."
My parents have assured me that they will be more environmentally aware, but I see them throw their trash on the sidewalk floor.


IS THERE A FUTURE FOR US?
I wonder if there will be a world in 10 years.
Will there be an Earth for me to pursue my goals in, or will it be too late.


I AM A HUMAN.
I am a firefighter, and I care about the world.
I am 13 years old, and I plan to stop Global Warming. 

5 comments:

  1. Wow Zack, this is a very strong poem. It calls on all of us to put a stop to our bad habits and make a change to our world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Zack,this was a very strong poem. One person can make a huge difference. Whether its good or bad, that one person can change it. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. powerful poem zack especially the last line. i re read the poem more then once because it was really intering. GOOD JOB! :D...not..jk good job. but i feel the organization was a bit confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your poem is really struck me because theree are 2 different types of people and they have to deal with life of global warming so one of the author wanted to stop global warming and the other was a figher fighter.So these two people have two different roles to make their society a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, everyone already said what I would pretty much. Good job, Zack. :) It reminds me of my experience in NY- which has been ever since I was born. I don't think I really ever breathed real fresh air, and I always think about what life would be like if there was not as much litter and such.

    ReplyDelete